This post may contain affiliate links. Please refer to the disclosure statement for details.
There are so many things that I love about his time of year. Christmas trees, decorations, the neighborhood houses all lit up, and of course the cookies and candy.
In general, I am not a baker or a like to cook, but this time of year, I love to make Christmas candies and goodies to give to friends, family and co-workers. I usually like to try new things every year, however there is one candy that I make every single year; Peanut Clusters.
I make Peanut Clusters every year for a few reasons:
- They are so simple to make. All you need is 4 ingredients, a crock pot and a place to scoop them out and let them cool
- It’s easy to make this in bulk – my husband has 50 people in his department and he likes to give each of them a Christmas card and a goody bag. (Yep, that’s a lot of candy!)
- Everyone loves it! Not only is it easy to make, but I get compliments every year on how good they are. I get asked for the recipe all the time, so I am sharing with you today!
- 1 – 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 – 16 oz. packages of Candiquick Chocolate Candy Coating
- 1 oz. semi-sweet Hershey chocolate bar
- 2 cans Spanish Peanuts (salted and roasted)
Place all of the chocolate in a crock pot and melt on high for about 1 hour.
Once all the chocolate is melted, stir in the peanuts.
Place waxed paper on a flat surface, and drop tablespoonfuls and allow to cool.
Put in air-tight container and place in the fridge to store.
These are great to give as a gift during the holidays. You can place them on a platter for holiday parties, or put them in a goody bag to give away. Either way, they are certain to be a hit with anyone you share them with!