This post may contain affiliate links. Please refer to the disclosure statement for details.
Coffee is the beginning of all civilization in my house. I am not a morning person, so having my coffee and getting it quickly is vital to my survival. It’s also important for my family’s survival too! Having a Keurig at my house is not a luxury, it’s a necessity!
Traditional coffee makers worked, but I need my coffee first thing in the morning. Even though some traditional coffee makers have the capability to program at night to start brewing in the morning, I would always forget. In addition, I am not a fan of coffee that has been sitting in a coffee pot, even if only for an hour or so. It always seems to have a stale flavor.
Being able to get a fresh cup of coffee first thing in the morning, or late in the afternoon is what keeps me going. My Keurig allows me to have this option, and is one of the many reason’s I love it.
What I love about my Keurig
- Fast – Warm up and brew is only about a minute and a half.
- Fresh – Single cup serving means it’s always fresh brewed.
- Versatile – It’s not just for coffee, it can be used for tea and hot chocolate as well.
- Simple – It’s so simple, my kids can use it too. They can make hot chocolate for themselves, or to make my coffee!
- Variety – There are many choices when it comes to the coffee pods specific to the Keurig (K-cups). There are a variety of flavors, brands, etc.
- Great customer service – We had an issue with our first one after owning it for a year. The company sent a replacement, no questions asked.
- K-cups aren’t required – The K-cups aren’t required. There are refillable filter pods to use if you have a particular coffee you already like.
- Any time of the day – Being a huge fan of afternoon coffee, being able to brew a fresh cup at 3pm is amazing!
A few things to consider:
While I love my Keurig, there are some things to consider if you are thinking of purchasing one:
- It’s pricey – It’s definitely more expensive that an traditional coffee maker. However, we have had the one we have now for at least 8 year, so it’s made well.
- K-cups are expensive too – Even though some K-cups can be pricey, many companies offer a K-cup option for their coffee, including store brands, which offers a less expensive solution. In addition, one can use the refillable filter pods previously mentioned.
- Clean it on a regular basis – It’s important to ensure that you are cleaning your Keurig on a regular basis. This helps it brew properly and taste good!
Our entire family makes use of the Keurig; my husband and I for coffee, and tea or hot chocolate for the kids. We love it so much I have considered taking it on vacation, though my husband told me I was crazy! And with that, it’s time for my afternoon coffee!